We are minutes away from packing up the car to try this all again.
We’ll still have a safety kayaker (hooray!) but we’ll ultimately be self-supporting (still not unsupported though). We’ll be taking two cars, dropping one at Timberline with skis and climbing gear, and one at Hood River with swim and bike gear. Logistically, this makes it a little more challenging/time consuming, but ultimately it doesn’t change much.
I mainly feel better about this second start, since the swim was the biggest unknown. And, well, now we know things. But we’re still not sure if our planned adjustments will be enough. Fingers crossed. It’s also slightly daunting to think of doing the swim again.
However, the forecast looks better than last week which is a big plus. Still windy, but on the “normal” side of windy. Hopefully it stays that way. Small chance of showers and t-storms again, but fingers crossed we’ll miss those.
We’re both healthier too. Paul somehow got some poison oak and is still recovering from that, but overall we’re feeling better.
So, I guess, here we go again! 🤞🤞🤞